AHS Basketball Goals
- Improve Individually - At all levels in our basketball program the majority of our practices are spent on working towards improving offensive and defensive fundamentals.
- Improve As a Team - The coaching staff feels that practices should be tougher than games. This benefits the team in helping them improve mental and physical toughness. The games should be easier than the practices.
- Enjoy the Experience - Playing basketball should be fun! The bonding of a team during the course of a basketball season has its ups and downs, but in the end a player should feel proud of putting in the work and effort it takes to compete at the high school level.
- Teach Life Skills - "Enter the program as a boy and graduate as a man!"
- Win - We do not want to win at all costs. Winning is important, but not as important as following our AHS Athletic Code of Conduct and putting academics first.
four pillars of AHS Boys Basketball